Ear, Nose & Throat Community
lump in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

lump in throat

Last week I started feeling sick. I had a sore scratchy throat and then begin with a cough, runny nose, and fatigue. I assumed I was just coming down with a cold. After a couple days my throat really began to hurt and I looked at the back of my throat in the mirror  and saw some swelling and red bumps, plus a lot of post nasal drip.

I was worried it may be strep but almost everything I have seen online tells me it is not strep.

No it is a week later and I am feeling much better. I still have some post nasal drip when I wake up. The only thing that is really bothering me is my throat. It is not sore it just feels like their is a golf ball on the left side. I still see the red dots to and their is some swollen portion on the left side. I am unsure what I should do. I don't have insurance and do not want to go in if it is just something I need to let pass. But I am worried it could be serious.