Ear, Nose & Throat Community
lump or bump on my neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

lump or bump on my neck

i have a large and some small  lump or bumps under my ear close to my jaw  it does not hurt they are red and noticeable the back of my head around the back of my neck hurts like a headache or sinuses i don't know what it is and i am worried
can someone help  
i have recently had a tooth infection  about a week or two ago
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The bumps you feel near the ear could be lymph nodes. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. Is there any rash at the back of your neck? If there is rash this could cause the lymph node to enlarge which you feel as bumps. The lymph nodes could also be due to the tooth infection. As the infection subsides, they should resolve. If they persist consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.