lymphnode
Hello, have a question regarding my lymphnodes.  i finally had an ultrasound of my right side of my neck.  They stated that the node was around 19mm/9mm/15mm in dimension and that tthere was cortex thickening.  What exactly does that mean?  thanks a bunch!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Lymph nodes which are less than 1 cm in size are usually non significant. So, it could mean that the node is enlarged, most probably due to an infection. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. The other causes for enlarged nodes are tumors or inflammations to name a few.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have also been having pain on my right side of chin area and neck by that those lymphnodes.  Should I be worried?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Infections can cause swelling and inflammation and this in turn can cause pain. So, please don't worry, as the swelling and inflammation subsides, the pain should resolve. Continue with your medications and  you can use OTC Acetaminophen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources