Ear, Nose & Throat Community
migraines, history of ear infections.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

migraines, history of ear infections.

When I was young I had my eardrums rebuilt.  In my left ear I had growth around my facial nerves that the doctor removed with the surgery and later had surgery to prevent polyps in that ear.  Years later I have migraines on the left side of my head and neck at least every two days which are somewhat hormone related and possibly rebound headaches.  I went to a neurologist and had an MRI done.  The doctor was not very helpful and I never saw the actual results of the MRI nor was I charged for it which makes me wonder if something went wrong with the test. Would the MRI show if there was that type of growth again?  Would that type of growth cause migraine symptoms?

This discussion is related to Sore throat, horrible migraines, stiff neck.
Sounds like an MRI was ordered by the doctor but HE DID NOT REQUEST AN MRI WITH AND WITHOUT CONTRAST.  

IF an MRI is ordered in order to rule out a neuological pathology concerning the auditory system, an initial MRI must be performed and an secondary MRI is then perfomed with an injection gadaladium (sp) (contrast dye)

If this was not done, the test results are inconclusive, and you wasted a lot of time and money.

I have seen this situation MANY MANY times.  I would say at least 85% of all MRI-s that were ordered out of the ENT office I worked at did not get contrast studies, and of course they were still billed just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my assumption is correct, at least you were not charged, but the fact that you were not charged should cause some alarm bells to ring.  That Lexus aint going to pay for itself.