Ear, Nose & Throat Community
mucus with blood in nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

mucus with blood in nose

i have blood in my mucus its been 3 days now..
am i in serious danger ? i think i have sinusitis becaus of the maxillary pain ive been suffering i also have coughs and colds since last week. what am i gonna do? PLEASE HELP ME.
  • Mrs (1 replies):
    The is water coming from my left hole of nose do i get ...[more]
  • raspy throat (1 replies):
    I HAVE A PROBLEM TALKING BECAUSE OF WHAT i THINK IS MUCU...[more]
  • sinositis (1 replies):
    i have suffering sinositis problem since 2 years?many ti...[more]
  • Sinusitis?? (1 replies):
    Hello ... My siuses constantly r creating liquid which d...[more]
  • cough (1 replies):
    every morning my fiancee coughs non smoker been coughing...[more]
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of blood in the mucus could be due to sinusitis. They can cause inflammation of the nasal mucosa and the bleeding. Sinus infections can cause stuffiness of the nose with nasal blockage, which can make breathing through the nose difficult. It can also cause post nasal drip and lead to an irritation in the throat. But it could also be due to other causes like polyps or other inflammatory causes due to allergens or infections of the nasal mucosa. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.