Ear, Nose & Throat Community
my nose noise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

my nose noise

my nose keeps making a weezing noise when i breathe? and some people say i breath very haevy out of my nose, its like a high pitched whistle any one got an idea what it may be? am i silly to go to the dic and ask about it
How long has this been going on?  If not for long, then you could have a stuffy nose!  When there are boogers (teehee, I'm such a child) trapped up there, it makes it harder to breathe, which is why you would breathe heavily.  Just like a snore, it can make a whistling sound as you breathe in and out. It's happened to me before and usually happens when I have a cold or in the middle of a stuffy night.  

If it's been going on for a long time, I don't think it's a danger, but if it's really bothering you, then go ahead and ask your doctor.  If it bothers you and distracts you when you breathe, then I can see how that could be extremely annoying.  So yes, ask him.

But if it has only been a short while, relax.  It will go away in a few days. ^_^

Caitlin
its been for around 6 months, the things is it leads to a really dry mouth and people sitting next to me in lectures ask why i breathe so heavy witha wheezing noise