Ear, Nose & Throat Community
mysterious illness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

mysterious illness

a year ago, i all of a sudden started to feel very light headed, like someone had inflated a balloon inside my head, accompanied by neck pain and pressure in the sinuses. i went to see a bunch of doctors, and they seemed to think it was a sinus infection. upon going to an ENT, he discovered that i had a fairly large cyst in my left maxillary sinus, which he promptly drained (and at the same time fixed my deviated septum). after the surgery, the symptoms persisted. I've been to a neurologist, and he could only find a few negligible vitamin deficiencies. since then its getting   progressively worse, my limbs are feeling very heavy and clumsy, i get sick very often, my vision is sometimes cloudy and its hard to focus on things, and I've developed a sensitivity to alcohol (which is a problem, as drinking beer is actually part of my job. i know, it rules.), and its affecting my life terribly. I'm also very listless all the time. plz offer me some ideas its gone on long enough and no doctors seem to have any answers. sorry if its vague, but theres no other way to describe it. thnx
Any imaging of your head done?  i.e. MRI

Any other medical conditions?  

What exactly were the "negligible" vitamin deficiencies?  
had CT scan, only found the fluid in my sinuses.  vitamin D deficiency(taking supplement), and having weird digestive issues(pain in lower right abdomen, frequent diarrhea). could it be an allergy to something? no doctors seem to have any idea. ur feedback is much appreciated.
its becoming more of a dizziness than a lightheadedness. my whole body is being affected it feels like I'm sinking into the ground when i stand up.
MRI of the head/brain WITH contrast-recommended

Have you had your iron and b12 levels checked? How low was the vita D level?  

Any blood with the diarrhea?  
b12 was also low but not terribly, iron is fine. no blood in stool. thnx i hope i can get an mri done my insurance is being dumb. anything i should look for?
Is the b12 and Vitamin D levels being corrected?  

I think I would hold off drinking any alcohol/beer until this is sorted out.  

I am thinking you are dealing with two different issues.  

Any imaging of your abdomen at all?  Pain and diarrhea everyday or "off and on?"  Your doctor could order just a basic flat plat x-ray for this.

In regards to the MRI they should be looking for any abnormalities, especially lesions or masses.  
b12 and d are being corrected with supplement. my limbs are also starting to feel randomly hot in places on top of feeling heavy and clumsy. i wil try to avoid alcohol for a little while, although i tried it for about a couple months at the beginning and it didn't help at all. this is really starting to worry me its only getting worse.pain and diarrhea are mostly on and off but pretty consistent. thank you for your advice.