Ear, Nose & Throat Community
neck and shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

neck and shoulder pain

i have knotts on both sides of my neck and now a few knotts close to my chest where shoulder meets...my chest and shoulders hurt and feel like i have been lifing weights or something ...what could this be?
my lymph nodes under chin, jaw are always swollen.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be enlarged lymph node/nodes. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. Lymph node enlargement is usually due to infections like bacterial and viral. Treatment is usually with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications. So, consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for pain relief you can use OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.