Ear, Nose & Throat Community
neck,ear,and arm and shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

neck,ear,and arm and shoulder pain

I went to the dr about 3 weeks ago because of pain in my arm,shoulder blade,neck and ear they did an x ray blood work cardiao silohette and said everything came back perfectly normal she also told me if there was any major blockages anywhere it would show on x ray in which i have never heard of has anyone else? So my question number two is what in the world could this be. The pain comes and goes not really severe i do not get short of breath or anything and also i have a vitamin d defenciancy i dont know if this matters but just thought i would add it in there. Thank you very very much in advance!
Tags: Pain
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You may be having a nerve compression at the cervical (neck) level. The nerve compression could be due to an osteophyte, growth or a disc. This could be causing the odd sensation in the scapular area. A neurological examination by your primary care physician may confirm this. He may then ask for blood test, an x ray of neck and if needed an MRI to find out what is causing the compression. This is usually treated conservatively (without surgery) with physiotherapy, traction and cervical collars. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.