neck/jaw pain when cold
I'm trying to find out why I get this burning pain just below my jaw, in line with my ears when I exercise or exert myself in the cold air.  I tried keeping the area warm by using a hat, scarf, breathing through my nose and through the scarf, but it only seems to help a little bit.  It's a gradual onset and gets to the point where it travels along my jaw and then into my teeth.  I like the cold weather activities and this kind of puts a damper on them.  Has anybody got any ideas?
I too have these pains when exercising in cold weather. I actually just finished a walk/jog tonight and the cold weather almost brought me to tears half way through my jog. This has been happening since middle school (that I can remember). I am now 23. The shoes I wear are supportive and I am conscience of how heavy I step or jog. I haven't spoke to a doctor about this because I rarely run in cold weather. (But this is why!). Wish I had an answer but I thought I'd share...
Thanks for replying, it is nice to know that I'm not alone (or crazy).  Today I ran with a hood over my head, and a turtleneck over my mouth (sort of harder to breath, but it did seem to help).  The hood by itself didn't help.
Dude, I too have that same problem. I just got back from a jog that I had to end abruptly because of the horrible neck and ear pain. I have had this problem since about middle school- exercising in cold weather then keeling over in head pain. What the heck is going on?
I have the same problem and can't find a cause/cure. Oddly, my pain is worse about 15 min after I get back from being out. Nothing seems to help - wrapping my face before or hot compress afterwords.  The pain is an 8-9.