Ear, Nose & Throat Community
neck/jaw pain when cold
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

neck/jaw pain when cold

I'm trying to find out why I get this burning pain just below my jaw, in line with my ears when I exercise or exert myself in the cold air.  I tried keeping the area warm by using a hat, scarf, breathing through my nose and through the scarf, but it only seems to help a little bit.  It's a gradual onset and gets to the point where it travels along my jaw and then into my teeth.  I like the cold weather activities and this kind of puts a damper on them.  Has anybody got any ideas?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I too have these pains when exercising in cold weather. I actually just finished a walk/jog tonight and the cold weather almost brought me to tears half way through my jog. This has been happening since middle school (that I can remember). I am now 23. The shoes I wear are supportive and I am conscience of how heavy I step or jog. I haven't spoke to a doctor about this because I rarely run in cold weather. (But this is why!). Wish I had an answer but I thought I'd share...
Blank
424634_tn?1277861128
Thanks for replying, it is nice to know that I'm not alone (or crazy).  Today I ran with a hood over my head, and a turtleneck over my mouth (sort of harder to breath, but it did seem to help).  The hood by itself didn't help.
Blank
Dude, I too have that same problem. I just got back from a jog that I had to end abruptly because of the horrible neck and ear pain. I have had this problem since about middle school- exercising in cold weather then keeling over in head pain. What the heck is going on?
Blank
I have the same problem and can't find a cause/cure. Oddly, my pain is worse about 15 min after I get back from being out. Nothing seems to help - wrapping my face before or hot compress afterwords.  The pain is an 8-9.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...