new growth above tonsil
i have had an enlarged tonsil for as long as i remember. recently i have had a cold, and today my throat was sore so i looked at it in the mirror and saw a new growth above my tonsil. it is not the humulus it is still between the glossopalatine and pharyngopalatine arches just above the tonsil. i look at my tonsils regularly as i get "tonsil stones" and like to clean them out before they become a problem. i had never seen this before so it probably enlarged within the last few days enough for it to be noticed. it almost looks like a second tonsil is growing above the first one. the growth has a white tender streak of tissue (not a "stone") that almost looks like a wet cut. i was just wondering if this would be an enlarged lymph node (although not able to feel from the outside of my neck) or what else it could be and if i should go to the doctor if it doesnt clear up within an amount of time.

thanks
I believe it is lympatic tissue..i have the same issue and talked to 3 different ENT. They all said it was nothing to worry about.. but I  am the worrying sort. I have burning throat and sometimes sharp pains in the throat and a cough that doesn't go away. I do not have a cold but do have post nasal drip for a long period of time.

I am taking aciphex to help with the heartburn and burning throat. Nasonex for nose. I am not yet at %100...having a CT scan next week to see if I have any sinus issues that are causing the problem.

I'll keep you posted on my results and how all the med's are working.