Ear, Nose & Throat Community
new growth above tonsil
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

new growth above tonsil

i have had an enlarged tonsil for as long as i remember. recently i have had a cold, and today my throat was sore so i looked at it in the mirror and saw a new growth above my tonsil. it is not the humulus it is still between the glossopalatine and pharyngopalatine arches just above the tonsil. i look at my tonsils regularly as i get "tonsil stones" and like to clean them out before they become a problem. i had never seen this before so it probably enlarged within the last few days enough for it to be noticed. it almost looks like a second tonsil is growing above the first one. the growth has a white tender streak of tissue (not a "stone") that almost looks like a wet cut. i was just wondering if this would be an enlarged lymph node (although not able to feel from the outside of my neck) or what else it could be and if i should go to the doctor if it doesnt clear up within an amount of time.

thanks