Aa
A
A
Close
new growth above tonsil
i have had an enlarged tonsil for as long as i remember. recently i have had a cold, and today my throat was sore so i looked at it in the mirror and saw a new growth above my tonsil. it is not the humulus it is still between the glossopalatine and pharyngopalatine arches just above the tonsil. i look at my tonsils regularly as i get "tonsil stones" and like to clean them out before they become a problem. i had never seen this before so it probably enlarged within the last few days enough for it to be noticed. it almost looks like a second tonsil is growing above the first one. the growth has a white tender streak of tissue (not a "stone") that almost looks like a wet cut. i was just wondering if this would be an enlarged lymph node (although not able to feel from the outside of my neck) or what else it could be and if i should go to the doctor if it doesnt clear up within an amount of time.

thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I believe it is lympatic tissue..i have the same issue and talked to 3 different ENT. They all said it was nothing to worry about.. but I  am the worrying sort. I have burning throat and sometimes sharp pains in the throat and a cough that doesn't go away. I do not have a cold but do have post nasal drip for a long period of time.

I am taking aciphex to help with the heartburn and burning throat. Nasonex for nose. I am not yet at %100...having a CT scan next week to see if I have any sinus issues that are causing the problem.

I'll keep you posted on my results and how all the med's are working.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
Top Ear, Nose, Throat Answerers
209987 tn?1451939065
Blank