Ear, Nose & Throat Community
nose dryness and eye dryness and burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

i had one septoplasty and one infeiror tubinate surgery to both sides the first turbinate if thats it...sorry about the spelling....Right now my nose seems to be always dry,my lips are dry and my eyes feel burny and dry...I just recently had major major post nasal drip which is going away slowly..I'm a very anxious person and suffer from anxiety everytime i look at symptoms it seems like i get those symptoms just wondering what ya all think...Can anxiety cause you to have symptoms that you don't have and also what else you might think it is..My ent says my nose is good and nice and open and shouldn't be bothering me.....I'm always using lip balm and spraying saline solution up my nose..If you can help please please do as this is making me so much more anxious..Thanks in advance for anyhelp or guidance....
How long ago was your septoplasty?  It could be your nose still healing and adjusting.  There is also something called "empty nose syndrome" that happens if too much of the turbinates are removed, which has some of the symptoms you describe (essentially it's a chronically, severely dry nose but there are other symptoms you don't mention, so perhaps you have only a mild version of it.)  I'm currently having turbinate trouble again after 8 years; it seems one has swollen up again but my ENT is extremely hesitant to operate again and I think that is why.

Ask your doctor about Ponaris; it's an over-the-counter nose emollient that has a little dropper; you put a drop or two in your nose and it is extremely moisturizing and one drop lasts a really long time(moreso than the average saline spray.)
Oh, I left out part of my answer.  Getting back to how long it's been since your surgery, you don't mention it.  The inside of my nose/nostrils was very dry and crusty for about a month after surgery.  I used saline (didn't know about Ponaris then) and rubbed a little bit of bacitracin inside my nostrils for a while.  Eventually the entire inside healed up beautifully and my breathing and moisture was great.

But like I said, now eight years later I have a puffy turbinate again.  I think it grew back.  But the septoplasty resulted in a (still) really straight septum at least, so that is good.
i'm about sevn weeks out of surgery, ya my dry eyes,dry nose and dry lips not really the mouth.....don't know what to do..ent says it looks fine...