Ear, Nose & Throat Community
nose smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

nose smell

hello  for about 1 year  I have had a chemical smell in my nose  it comes with pain in my lungs,is this a sign of cancer?
Tags: relevant
I don't know - but I quite often smell things that aren't there - I can get anxious and even after shower, clean clothes, perfume etc - i can smell b.o/stale smells - soemtimes I get really weasy after smelling somethign quite everyday like talc powder or certain foods-  even the smell of things like plastic and leather.
Maybe not relevant - but similar? do you wer jewelry (I notice that smells) do you smoke? do you drink alot of coffee? I'm sure there are some quite obvious reasons as to why you smell this - maybe u should see a doctor though :S dont' wait until u have other symptoms (uno what doctors can be like)
so this is a smell that you have never had before right?  And its hard to describe it...chemical, minerally, almost vinegar-like, sour, etc?  And you know that it is not coming from an object, but inside your body?  Do you wake up every morning with a stuffy head and/or headache?  
hello, its not a BO smell its something I can not discribe, I can say no to your list, no coffee  no perfume  no jewelry and i quit smoking in sept,  this started when i moved into a flat last april.. I thought it was the flat  but have since moved to europe  and the smell has followed me, others can not smell it and friends think im nuts.
Today I had the very same thing happen to me. It's a weird smell and it's driving me nuts. No-one else can smell it. I don't smoke either. I woke up with this smell in my nose, like a chemical or something.
I have a similar problem...I smell a fruity odor that is getting stronger.  Is your breath bad?  That can be a sign of liver probs.  My breath is normal (no bad) but I still smell the odor.
hello, first no bad breath  , but you mentioned liver..I have made an appointment for blood tests  to check my liver,,
Did you ever find out what was the odor or rather what caused it
any treatment  ?
any info would be appreciated
thanks
A fruity odor in your breath or nose is also a sign of diabetes.
I keep smelling this chemical smell.  I am so upset I don't know what it is.  I ask my co-workers and spouse - if they can smell anything - I'm the only one --anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks
I have had the same thing happen to me 2 or 3 times.  It gets so bad, I dream about the smell and it wakes me up.  Then I try to wash everthing off my face and hands and arms and take deep breaths out the window.  If I let myself fall back to sleep too  soon, it comes back.  I did take fish oil, flax seed oil and evening of primrose oil last nite.  Could it be one of those?  I am also wondering about some of our pills, like aspirin which I take at night.  Are these pure and made her or just "distributed" here?