Ear, Nose & Throat Community
not your usual "noises" in my ear???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

not your usual "noises" in my ear???

O.K., my ear or ears make this wierd noise. It's not the usual crackling or heartbeat that I've read about in the other forums.  It happens at various different times, whenever it wants to I guess? I can't remember if it's just my right ear, or both?  And it's been happening for about two years now!!!  

Alright, it sounds like a muscle spasm feels? Does that make sense?  Have you ever had a muscle spasm in your eyelid?  That flutter like feeling that just goes however it wants to, no certain beat? Well that's what I hear and feel insside of my ear when I turn and lay on that side of my head.  It will start and stop whenever it wants to, but it also goes along with any noise.  If the T.V. is on and someone starts talking, it will start and not stop until the talking stops?  

I know how CRAZY this sounds, but it happens often enough  that I've even asked my regular Dr. about it and he has no clue?  So to do a quick re-cap,  A noise that sounds like a small drum occurs when I turn and lay on that side of my head ( whichever side is doing it )  and it sounds and feels like a muscle spasm, like a flutter.

So if anyone has anything at all to say about it, please don't hesitate!!

Thank You
Tags: noise
I think I have the same problem as you. Do you notice it particularly when your on the phone? When I hold my mobile  to my left ear the sounds make my right vibrate, but it only happens this way around. Any noises directed towards the left ear alone have the same effect... I still don't know what it is though..  =/
At least your not alone. =]

Jade
I have the same thing going on, but mine is what I like to describe as (the lil mexicain with the marraca's) Its like a ching ching, ching ching... like a bag of pennies being tossed.... or marraca's... sounds behind me but its so aggrivating because im being looked at like im insane... its not my ears, or my sinus's.... when i turn my head, or not... its always that four beat ching ching, ching ching..... Im going insane!!!
***@****
plz help
The simple answer is NO, you are not going nut's, I've done a lot of research on this and I found that there seems to be two types of the same problem, 1. a crackling noise of type, or 2. a "rain on an umbrella" type of noise, I seem to have the second one, I can sympathise with you greatly but the bad news is, although there seems to be thousands of people with this problem, (some for thirty years or more) who have seen many many specialists, none of them have a clue what it is, and I'm talking about the specialists, so although your comment is quite old now, I hope you have found a cheap and easy cure and are 100% better, and if you have found a cure, WHAT IS IT!