numbness in sinus & front face lip
I have been treated for a (sinus infection) acording to my Drs. I have had ths same symptoms for going on 47 days. I have been on ammoxicyllin, augmentin, claryithromycen, and one other that I can remember it was a six day card thing that I just finished yesterday. I have had a CT scan that I assume was normal as I have not heard from my Dr and it was done last week.  
My symptoms are Sinus fullness, pressure tingiling in the sinus area, the tingiling / nimbness sometimes travels down the front of my face to my lips. This happens every day! I am so sick of this.
My wife is fed up with me she thinks i am a hypocondriach. I have to get rid of this. I dont have any nasle drip or conjestion, no eye pain or teeth pain no fever or headach.

Please can any one help?
Have you tried sudafed or something for sinus issues? If you have, then by any chance do you deal with acid reflux, because if you do......it can travel into your sinus' causing sinus issues........also, you can try a saline nasal rinse in both sides, my allergist told me that it works extremely well, I just haven't had the guts to squirt anything up my nose yet..........hope this helps!!! God bless you......:-)
So do you have a sinus infection or not?

Google Bells Palsy, see if anything fits.  good luck
Even though you haven't heard from your doctor, the CT scan could show something.  Ask them.

Katseye has a great idea with the saline nasal rinse, many of my patients do that many times a day with great relief.  You can even get "Ocean" brand saline OTC in a pressurized bottle.
Nasal steroids help too (rhinocort, nasonex, beconase, flonase)
Does the saline rinse help if it is due to acid reflux? I have stuffy nose issues and breathing issues (feeling like I am not getting enough air), but I don't have asthma and my CT scan of my sinus' came back clear. My allergist said he thinks it's GERD (mainly silent reflux) because I don't have the regular heartburn. I cannot see a DR. untill DEC., due to insurance and have been dealing with this for five months. I started Pepcid AC extra strength two days ago and would like to know if that would help also. Thank you for any help and God bless you.........:-)
Saline rinses only help clear out sinus inflammation not GERD/acid reflux.

Pepcid AC is the over the counter version of famotidine, an anti-histamine type 2 receptor blocker.  The over the counter version has 10mg, and the maximum that can be taken daily is 40mg.  Many patients find that by taking at the end of the day it helps nighttime symptoms.

If that's not enough, OTC prilosec (Omeprazole) is a proton pump inhibitor that can be added in the morning.  20mg is the OTC dose and you can take a maximum of 2 a day.
Thank you so much for your help..........I also would like to know if you might know what kind of side effects there are for the Prilosec? I hate taking things, but will if I have to.........it took a while of suffering before I even started one Pepcid a day..........:-) Thank you again!
Please google NACUCC.  A shifted atlas can cause a myriad of symptoms.  A simple adjustment
can fix it.  I had the exact same symptoms you are complaining of.  They will  have you get 3 ex-rays
one of which is from the top of the head looking down towards the mouth.  The Dr. then takes some
measurements and fixes you and quite painlessly and quickly.  Results are usually felt immediatly but followups are important.  This procedure is excellent for whiplash also as it is non-invasive and extremely gentle.   I wish you healing.
Prilosec has few side effects.

All respect to blessedmj, but I don't believe that an adjustment will help you, and these treatments are potentially very dangerous, with reports in the medical literature of serious neck fractures.  I wouldn't do it.
Does acid reflux cause breathing issues? Like not feeling like you are getting enough air in, with chest tightness???? I have been dealing with this as well and have had the heart checked, and been to the er and had xrays on the lungs and they say everything is fine...........any ideas? I can't even vaccuum or do the easiest of tasks without issues. I am ok lying down or sitting and doing things that way, but once I am up and moving and doing physical things, even bending over, I have issues. I have had a lot of prayer for this as well, more would be great!!! Thank you!!! God bless you!!!
Acid reflux and GERD can cause some of those symptoms.  Prayer is very powerful, and I will pray for you.  What's also helpful is medication to decrease these symptoms, ask your doctor if they're appropriate.
What kind of ******* MD are you? GERD? Acid Reflux? Where did you graduate the university of whatever big pharma tells me? And prayer? You're an idiot and I feel sorry for your patients if you actually have any.
Thank you for your prayers, I truly appreciate them...........I am unable to see a Dr. untill dec., but I will be sure to ask..........:-) Thank you again and God bless you!!!!
God bless you too!  I'm so sorry you can't se anyone until december, that's horrible.  Do you live in Britain or Canada?
I am a 64 year old woman, a stroke victim & have had sinus surgery to correct a diviated septum about 2 years ago. Prior to my surgery I told my dentist that I discovered that I had a few pinholes on the roof of my palate & felt that my sinuses were draining from there, because on awakening in the morning, my mouth would be full of mucus discharge. So I went to an ENT, had the surgery.Now the left side of my face, nose & lip is numb & when my face itches, I'm not able to find the itch, I have to slap my face...lol
The left nasal passage is always dry & I am unable to blow my nose. When anything comes out, it is very dry. Is there any remedy for this condition. I've had this numbness for over 2 years now. Thank you so much for any advice you can offer......
Hi! I realize this post is a whopping EIGHT years old...but it always comes up among the top 5 Googles for "sinus congestion, numb lips and nose."

I want to post my similar experience and share the astonishing surprise "relief" I involuntarily found...

I'm 56 with a long history of sinus nuisances. .I have acute hay fever reactions and extreme dust mite allergies. I take nasal steroids and regularly use Neti pots (nasal irrigation.) I quit smoking 11 years ago and live in a very "clean air" home which I work hard to achieve in a variety of ways.

Yesterday, fighting a cold affecting my sinuses, I had to make a 1-hour car car drive. I was blowing my nose the whole trip. I know to keep windows shut, run AC with the "recirculation" button pushed on the car's air system.

About 30 minutes into the drive, I started getting the startling sensation of tingling and numbnessin my teeth on the left jaw...it then traveling to my left upper lip...and finally my nose. It felt just like the fading effects of Novocaine injections after a dental procedure. I was distressed. Was this an imminent stroke? Or perhaps I have a severe tooth abscess that's about to cause me insane misery? I tried not to "go there" -- so scary! BUT -- I was also very curious as to whether the degree of a congested sinus could somehow put pressure on a maxillofacial nerve that created this numb sensation. The sensation was similar to a recurring back nerve that creates numbing infrequently.

So I got to my destination and stopped the car. Took some time to Google. Oh boy... myriad causes/possibilities! More fear! Compounded by people who come across as KNOWING what was going on -- whose verbiage betrayed they were not likely to be medical professionals!

So...should I go to an ER? Ugh. Well,I started WALKING. And I walk fast. In about 15 minutes -- "SQUOOOSH!" I heard the noise! This change in my previously inert body starting to walk...apparently triggered a sinus drain! INSTANTLY the scary numbness disappeared!!! INSTANTLY. So...my experience would suggest that if these sensations have happened to you while you are of low or no physical activity (like driving-a-car inertness or "couch potato") -- try movement (!) In my long history of sinus challenges, ths event was a "FIRST" for me! And it was absolutely fascinating how QUICKLY my body responded to the "relief" of a loosened sinus by MOVING.

I am not advising you avoid a doctor's care or emergency treatment; however, if this numbing is in an early stage? Don't rule out how you should...just...try... MOVING...most especially if you have been "inert!" Try  a change of movement...it may somehow effect the dislodging of a particularly tough sinus congestion.  

Again -- such a LONG TIME has passed since the OP.... but I was frustrated how it kept coming up high in responses, yet with no "real" experiences of the OP's concern. So -- I'm replying now in the interest of someone not needing to know the anxiety I experienced.

I am so RELIEVED it was only this problem for me.