Ear, Nose & Throat Community
oral submucous fibrosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

oral submucous fibrosis

have been suffering from osmf for 4 years pls suggest me the best treatment for osmf
I able to open my mouth nearly 25to 30mm. I consulted an ent surgeon who suggested
me laser surgery, but Iamvery worried to go for surgeory. please let me know is it better
togo for laser surgery? are there any complication in this procedure?
First I write to let you know I "marked" your older post on the same subject (but with a too simple subject to be effective) as duplicate.  It may be removed.  I think this post is more likely to attract as it is easier to understand what you are asking from the improved subject line.

I have no specific knowledge of the surgery you are considering, but from what you have told me you have been going through I think you should take your doctor's advice.

I do understand worrying about undergoing surgery. I have been there as I underwent open heart surgery about 7 years ago to repair a heart valve.  I am still alive and the repaired valve continues to work satisfactorily - I would likely not be alive now if I had decided not to have the surgery.  It was my choice.  

Lazar methods are the modern, and presumed improved, method.  My heart surgery was done the "Old fashioned way" knife and saw.

Let us know what you decide, and I hope someone who has undergone the same or similar surgery will reply.