pain after sneezing
Several weeks ago I sneezed and held it in.  I have held sneezes most of my life.   After this sneeze I noticed a severe pain in my throat.  I feel it all the time, eating, drinking, swallowing...but when I sneeze it hurts like heck!  When I have to blow my nose and air is forced into that area it really hurts!  If I have several sneezes in a row it hurts for a long time after.  If I go for a few days with no sneezing or coughing, or blowing my nose then it subsides a little...but it comes back.   I feel like there might also be a lump in there too, but can't really tell.   The pain is mostly at the base and to the right of my neck.  It is not raw or anything like my throat is sore..it's pain in the actual neck/tissue/cartilage or something.  
Has anyone ever had pain like this after sneezing.  I am going to have to go to the dr because it is not going away.
I read somewhere that I could have a tear or something and it could be fatal.  That sort of freaked me out....but it was on the internet...so not freaking out yet.
Anyone help??
It's been about a year since your post.  I have recently starting having the same pain (not sure what caused it, but a sneeze is very likely).  It feels like a pulled muscle to me.  Have you had resolution to the issue?  Would you mind sharing your progress and the road to recovery?

Dear Rachel,

First we need to find out:-
1. Where exactly the pain is
2. Is there fullness/heaviness in your ears/ Behind Ear lobe/ or neck area below the ear lobes.

I feel homeopathy has some good solutions especially when it comes to cough/Cold/Ear/Sneezing/Wheezing Problems.

You may visit:
http://abchomeopathy.com/
I got medicines from the website after putting a post for my Eustachian tube issue. And the problem is all gone.

May be it could help you too.
And please do not hold your sneeze, that is a natural body mechanism to clear out the entire respiratory system.

Good luck.
Did you ever find out what the cause of the pain when sneezing???