pain from ear to tonsil area
Have had chronic pain from lft ear down to tonsil area, deeper than muscle, worse when laying on that side, worse at night, but occurs frequently and can be for many minutes or just a minute, leaves bad taste in mouth and dry mouth,have had scans, ears and throat checked, carotid artery checked, told so far may have to live with it and to try different pillow, have done and no relief., appreciate any help
Go see an Audiologist and have tympanometry done. I am wondering if this is middle ear related.

That is so weird - I have the same problem. My left tonsil is always enlarged and I have pain that radiates to my ear.  I went to a walk-in clinic over the summer and tested positive for Strep B in my throat.  I took a Z-pac, which seemed to help temporarily.   I  went to an ENT last week and he said that I had a lot of "junk" collecting in my tonsil and that I should try gargling.  I felt like the ENT was very brief  and rushed during his exam.  I'm still having pain and I want to figure out why.  I made an appt. for a few weeks from now with a different doc.

Not sure what the deal is... good luck!!!!
If I may suggest, seek advice from an infectious doctor.  It could all be related to a virus.

Good luck
I have had really bad pain deep within my left "ear to tonsil" area for ten days.  Went to the doctor and was told it was an issue with the eustacian tube.  But I've been reading about this and I don't agree.  I am not congested, I don't have popping or hissing sounds that are nearly common in all the eustacian tube threads a I've read.  I was tested for strep, came back negative.  My tonsil is enlarged and it's kills to drink acidic and cold beverages.  Gargling with salt water helps.  A good stiff drink helps too.  Advil does nothing.  The pain gets really bad at night, wakes me up nightly.  Frustrated, in pain and annoyed.
I have had severe pain in my left ear and left tonsil that radiates behind my eye and head any suggestions
the "junk" in your tonsils are tonsil stones... google it... that would explain the bad taste also...
Hey Adam,

It has been a few months since you posted your message, but just read it and had some thoughts.

I too have pain in the tonsil-area (right)/neck, radiating to right side of my head, and it is far worse during the night than during day. I keep on turning in my bed, looking for a position that barely exists. Lying in my right side makes it worse, left side less bad.

I am still in the process of sorting out what it is, but the track I am on now is called 'Eagle Syndrome'. If you're interested, just Google it and you'll find what it is about.

All the best.