Ear, Nose & Throat Community
pain in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

pain in throat

For the last few weeks i have had a pain in the right  side of my throat,it is a slight constant pain but worse when i swallow or shout. I have been to the doctors twice about it he says he cant see anything wrong and told me the 1st time to gargle in asprin(he thought i may have ruptured a blood vessell as i had a chest cold at the time)the second time he told me to take an antiseptic throat spray but nothing has worked and the pain is still threre and seems to be getting worse.
thank you
Hi there like you i have throat problems mine is on the left side never on the right and i have pain around my thyroid gland and swelling too my gp had refferred me to an ENT specialist to find out whats wrong my gp said its more than likely to be a thyoir problem that can be treated because i was scared it was a cancer but my gp said this is very unlikely  because there are no lumps thank god! can i suggest you go and see your gp and ask for a refferral to an ant specialist i hope that helps Haze xxx
Avatar n tn
Welcome to the house of throat pain!  Mine is on the right side, just under my adams apple.Intense pain all day.  I cannot eat without setting it off.  No relief for me yet, going on 4 months.  I have done ALL the tests.  The best answer so far is that I have some how damaged a nerve in my throat  (possible wierd virus).  
You are not alone.
I would get a 2nd advise from an Md check your thyroid, may want to have an endoscopy done and or Ear Nose Throat MD to check you. Have you been sick or had any other surgeries? Is your lymph node swollen or fever?

goodluck Abby84
A related discussion, Pain in throat for weeks! was started.