Ear, Nose & Throat Community
pain under tongue, on right side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

pain under tongue, on right side

i am a 27-year-old female. i've been experiencing pain under my tongue on the right side for a couple of days now. taking ibuprofen seems to help somewhat, but the pain does not go away completely.

i have been searching online for possible causes for this. i believe that it may be my submandibular salivary gland, although i am not experiencing swelling, cannot feel anything that would suggest i have a stone, and my saliva production does not seem to be affected. i don't know what is causing this and there don't seem to be any specific triggers although anything that involves moving my tongue makes me aware of the pain.

unfortunately going to the doctor has to be a last-ditch effort for me, because i am currently uninsured. i was hoping to find some kind of insight or get some suggestions as to what might be causing this (and how to remedy it), if anyone else has the misfortune to experience the same thing.

thank you!