pain
Treated for acid reflux after some indigestion from weight gain after quite smoking. No real reflux symptom like when laying down etc treated with prilosec, nexium 2+years. Last several months, when incline walking, stairs, lift from ground up the throat (just around adam apple) has burn and hurt and a little short of breath until rest a minute or two?  Am on hyzaar 1 daily, vytorin (just started) and nexium.  Dr. puzzled on throat.
As for reflux without symtoms when lying down: could be Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease
http://www.entcolumbia.org/lprd.htm

As for your throat, lingual tonsillitis (and I suspect anything irritating the linguals) can cause pain near your hyoid bone (google to find where this is located).
I do think the lingual tonsils are often overlooked and don't think many regular gps know much about them.

The lingual tonsils are located very far back of the tongue, above your epiglottis. A person who has patience, control their gag reflex, doesn't have too large palatine tonsils (what most of us refer to as tonsils)...may be able to view them (I can mine).

If you want to make a go of it, you'll need a dental mirror, mini mag light flashlight (or strong, narrowly focused flashlight)and perhaps a touch of numbing spray at the back of your throat.

If you do this and are able to see them: don't freak. From what I understand, they usually don't look perfect as you see them online. My ENT saw mine and they're...well...ugly.

At any rate, if you are able to see them...your GP should be able to see them too. You'd have to bring your own light and mirror, I'm guessing.

To get the best diagnosis, I would think an ENT is in order.

This may not be the cause but something to consider anyway.

Best,
~Kate
My eyes have continually gotten worse more and more blurry by the day at this point  I am worried at this point , I hurt everyday on high end of scale past week a pure 10. I have to start new pain center Saturday as my primary says the states are getting tough on narcotics... Great... Get to start all over. To be honest I am in so much pain I am tired of crying every darn morning with nausea and pain. Hang tight all, I pray this is just a overly long nightmare.
You may need to get checked for strep g. It could be causing bad bacteria getting in you GI track and causes a host of problems.
Reactive Arthritis, gallstones, gall sludge, enthesetis, high cholesterol, diabetes,
Something as being off with ones teeth or dental care can cause a reaction and of left untreated it can destroy your body with an arthritis that doesn't show up in doctors bloodwork.
If the bacteria is left untreated long enough you'll eventually have cardio problems.