Ear, Nose & Throat Community
painful bump inside nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

painful bump inside nose

I have what appears to be an abcess (abscess) in my left nostril at the tip of my nose and the outside area at the tip is red. It is painful! I have been using alcohol on both the inside and out and after a few days saw puss and I swabbed the puss with a swab drenched with alcohol and it came out then blood followed after. Last night I was in extreme pain and took advil which helped a lot and I don't know which of the treatments helped but it no longer is painful but is tender but appears to be diminishing especially after it popped. I don't have medical insurance so I am wondering is it Herpes? Abcess (abscess)? or a Boil?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Nothing serious it's most probably a pimple. You could apply warm compress and for pain relief you can use OTC  Tylenol (acetaminophen). The other causes could be due to fungal infections or cysts.  If it persists or if your symptoms worsen you may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.