please help rotten taste in mouth, coming from stomach?
about 5 weeks ago i went out ate a big blt sub, had several heavy beers, the next morning i woke up with a constant taste in my mouth that tasted like feces.  nothing i tried helped.  i checked for tonsil stones and found none.  i am not congested though i do have allergies.  i have never had this problem before and i am 32 male.  it kind of faded, now it is coming back and i really taste it especially after taking large sips of water, several seconds after the water goes down, up comes this pungent fowl taste.  i am changing my diet and cutting out beer. my ENT thinks it was some old congestion that came out of my nose but i seriously doubt it. i have been taking imitrex for years and prior to the start of it had taken quite a bit so maybe it upset my stomach or threw it out of wack?
sorry wrong forum!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to indigestion or malabsorption. If the food stays for longer in the stomach, it can cause smelly burping and discomfort. Smelly burping can also be due to viral infections or due to food intolerance like lactose. It can also occur due to an infection with giardiasis. Blood tests will help detect infections, besides stool examination which will reveal fat malabsorbtion.  Bacterial overgrowth is tested with a breath test. Please discuss these issues with your primary care physician when you happen to meet him.  In the meantime you can try warm salt water gargles and betadine mouth washes. Try to include yogurt in your diet as it is a probiotic which replaces lactobacillus acidophillus (good bacteria) that helps with digestion.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Try probiotics & Grape Seed extract, to ascertain the cause, & eliminate depending on what teh root cause is
anybody reading this with same issue i hope to help.  it turned out to be tonsil stones.  however, i could not see them like most people.  it even took weeks of spraying with a water pic and prodding before they started popping out.  i could not even see where they were coming from, almsot seemed to be from inside the tonsil itself or maybe behind it.  after i got what i think was all of them (they were very dark brown so prob in there a long time) the taste went away instantly.  so if you have a rotten taste in your mouth and still have your tonsils but don't see any stones, keep at it.  don't give up