polyps
On 06/22/2007 I had a bilateral endoscopic sinus surgery. I have a couple of questions. Approx how long before my nose is completely healed? I know that I still have some swelling. Also some days I can smell and some days I can't. Will it always be like that?? Also after the surgery there was a period of time that I was very emotional and cried for no reason, was this the medicine causing this??  I saw my ent after 2 weeks after the surgery and he said that everything looked good. I was a little surprised that I do not have to go in for another check up after 3 or 6 months is this ok??  I have been great since the surgery. I can breath through my nose ever since I woke up for the surgery and all my sinus and or allergy problems are gone. I am doing the nose wash and nose spray and singlar everyday, any other suggestions that would help keep the polyps from returning??  Thanks
My brother had severe polyps and went through exactly the same steps you have.  And afterward was told to just continue the nasal wash and prescription sprays.  That's about all that can be suggested, and it sounds like you're doing just that.  It's now been two years since his surgery and he still has no sign of the polyps regrowing (and his were BAD...the ENT said they were the largest he's ever seen!  Of course, that's partially my brother's own fault for letting his symptoms go on for so long untreated.)

Yes, it's also okay that you don't need another checkup for 3 to 6 months.

It seems that you're doing everything possible and everythign right.  Don't worry, you'll be fine.
Thanks alot!!