Ear, Nose & Throat Community
purple noses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

purple noses

i have noticed on my grandfather, that his nose is turning purple, then i was out today at the mall and seen quite a few men and with the same thing, it's like there noses where turning purple and had bumbs on them, should i worry. I havent been able to get a hold of his doc, so i would love it and be really great full if some had an ides of what this is, is it from drinking... a blood colt any advise would be great.
two things come to my mind, unfortuanltey one is an alocohol the other could be from roscea which if its is from roscea that it is pretty prominent and at its worst.  If it is rosecea than the vessels have swelled enough to cause permanent damage though I do believe new technoligies can correct that.  If it is alchol related I am not sure what can take care of that unless some one else out there as any other ideas.
find out first if he drinks..you wouldn't want to go to the doctor and look stupid..if he drinks i also don't know what to do..stop drinking that's forsure but i'm sure he doesn't care at this stage in his life..i wish people wouldn't drink it took me a surgery and problems to stop