pus pockets in throat
I went through 3 ENT's - one said a sinus infection that was leaking out through my throat. One said nothing was wrong with me. One did tests, said he didn't see any stones, but told me to have sour candy throughout the day. Many antibiotics, sour candies, and allergy pills later - the pus pockets are back. I can expel them with a q-tip, but they are filled again within a few hours. My ear has been in pain for almost a year. Today, though - it seems instead of one or two, I have 8 or 9 all in the general area of my parotid gland. Only on one side.
Has anyone had anything like this? Do I just keep going through the yellow pages for ENT's??
You seem to be describing something known as keratosis tonsillis or keratosis pharyngis. It is difficult to treat. Some advise urea gargles.

If your ear has been in pain, it has to be looked into. One side or both? If the ear appears normal to the ENT specialist, he will search for conditions which can 'refer' a pain to the ear. Like conditions in the throat, teeth etc.

Parotid area pain, if it is new, may be different. Is it associated with local swelling, tenderness? Do you have fever?  What is your age? Are you a diabetic? On any medication?

Best,

Dr.Thomas Antony
Only right side.
No real swelling, except mild in the area of the pus pockets
ENT and family doc both say ear if fine - they can't find anything - could be referred
No fever - early 40's no diabetes or other issues - no meds other than allergy
Dentist says teeth and gums are good