pustule in throat
Dear Sir/ Madam
My eight year old daughter has a single white a pustule like lesion on her throat in the tonsillar area for one month. I once showed it to my GP and she told since it is not bacterial there is no need of antibiotics. One month later it still persists.there is no pain fever or surrounding redness. Please be kind enough to advice.
thank you

Do not worry those are either tonsilloliths or keratosis of tonsils. Its is just collection of food materials in the tonsillar crypts which has become hardened with a slimy layer over it. Encourage her to drink plenty of warm water.

Regards
OHNS2010
Hi there, I've experiences this for 3 years now, they come and go many times through the year. I get them quite a lot, they are nicknamed tonsil stones and I find I get them more when Im stressed.
They are harmless but quite annoying and can leave a horrible taste in the back of your throat. They can be quite difficult to remove yourself if you have a sensitive gag reflex, but if youre like me then you'l have no trouble.
They are easy to remove with cotton wool buds, just shine a torch down your throat and apply pressure where you can see them and they just pop out. There are many holes in tonsils so can be tricky at times. Just make sure you brush your teeth really well and more importantly the back of your tongue. Because these "tonsil stones" are built up of bacteria. Hope I've helped.