Ear, Nose & Throat Community
radiation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

radiation

i  had nineteen radiation treatments to wrong side of neck. what can that do to me and will i have to still be treated to the correct side.
What could this do to you?  Open up job opportunities as replacement street lights? Sorry, I just could not pass up such an opportunity :-)

Back in 1987 I had a car accident and punctured a lung.  I had several x-rays a day for a week and besides the green glow I have no problems that I know of.  Also, over eight or ten years I've had several dental x-rays and again, as far as I know I have no problems.  There were suggested connections between dental x-rays and thyroid problems but I haven't heard about the outcome of those suggestions.  Since your x-rays were on the neck, in the proximity of the thyroid, you may want to go that rout and find information on dental x-rays and thyroid issues.

Though it is a possibility and I'm open to those possibilities, I doubt there is anything to worry about.