Ear, Nose & Throat Community
right inner itching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

right inner itching

Hi all,over the 3-4 months my right inner always itching,it come every 2-3 days.I went to clinic checked,The Dr insert a equipment to my ear said that very wet and dirty inside the ear.He then gave me a ear drop solution,but it seems not really help...Now i feel my left ear hear better than my right ear...anyone know what is going on and what causes it....Thanks so much...
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a fungal infection of the external ear known as Otomycosis. Otomycosis most often occurs when too much water gets in the ear canal such as after swimming or showering in chlorinated water. It is also called Swimmer's ear. Antifungal agents and analgesics are prescribed for therapy. Avoid swimming, or water getting into the ear until the fungal infection is fully eradicated.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks to reply....