rotten smell in nose
I had a rotten meat smell start in my nose early in the morning.
As the day went on, it got progressively worse.  I thought that
something had died in the wall.  I used candles, floral sprays and febreeze to no effect.  It seemed to worsen as the day went on and I ended up vomited every time I got a whiff.  I ended up holding my nose until I went to the emergency room because I smelled it outside and my son said he didn't smell anything.  I was totally freaked.  Does anyone have any info?  I am going to have a Cat Scan.  The thing that ticked me off was the emergency room doctor said it was all in my head and sent me home.  I don't care if it is in my head, get rid of it, please.
I don't know, but I think my niece has the same thing. We haven't done a CAT Scan, but the doctors suggested it was an infection. So we use it and it seems to lessen the smell, but it always grows back to full strength. I was just wondering if you can share your findings... if you found out what it was and stuff like that.
I too had this bad smell for half this year. It was making me crazy! It started last spring. My sinuses were congested & I had this foul smell!  I thought I had a new allergy (i have never had an allergy) I mean, it was spring. Around june I was so fed up. Nothing was even helping the congestion! My mom gave me her left over antibiotics from a previous sinus infection. Finally! The congestion & the smell were gone! Then around September it came back! So of course I thought "geez I have fall allergies now too?!" Then in November I decided to get a tooth pulled that had been broken for a long time & the dentist told me I had a cyst & bad infection in the gum & didn't even know. almost immediately I noticed the smell was gone so then I realized the tooth infection caused a bad sinus infection. Its new to me how infections can spread in the body. As soon as I winged myself off of the nasal spray, I have been free of congestion & that awful smell!