Ear, Nose & Throat Community
scared
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

scared

doctor said i have pharyngitis but it been five days taken antibiotics but its not clearing up...i have bumps on the third portion of my tongue..it dont hurt just discomfort. could this be something else?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The bumps that you see could be the ‘cobble stone’ appearance that occurs in throat infections. Throat infections are most probably streptococcal or a viral infection. Strep sore throat needs to be treated with an antibiotic as strep is a bacteria. Viral sore throat is best treated with rest, warm oral fluids and  (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. So, complete your course of antibiotics. In addition you could take OTC multivitamins. Take plenty of warm oral fluids and lots of rest. For further relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt water gargles and steam inhalations. Please ensure to do this prior to your meals.  Hope this helped and Do Take Care!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...