Ear, Nose & Throat Community
severe nose picking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

severe nose picking

well i know that i am not the only one so here i go. taking a bullet for the team. I am a 21 year old female and i have a really bad habit of picking my nose. ive had this since i was little and i really want to stop because it is embarrassing, i have a perforated septum and also a deviated septum... my doctor said my life long dream of digging for gold could be the cause. im to go see a specialist w/in a few months but i am afraid that if i get corrective surgery, ill just pick the habit right back up from where i left off and it will ruin the correction. ive tried pretty much everything to stop but i just cant i need some advice please because i dont want an empty nose. it is a very disgusting habit that i am ashamed of and really need to kick.. please any advice for me and for others alike helps !