Ear, Nose & Throat Community
sinus bleeds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

sinus bleeds

in the morning around 4 to 6 am: while still asleep my left sinus fills with blood and wakes me because of the drip of blood. I blow my nose and the sinus drains andd the bleeding stops. It has been going on for 4 nights streight. Do you know what possibly it is? Jim
Sounds like extreme sinus irritation (Sinusitis) secondary to an infection.  The bleeding issue is very concerning.  

I would recommend consulting your PCP/GP about this ASAP.  Sounds like you need a decongestant, saline spray and possibly an ATB (only if this is an infection secondary to a bacterium or bacteria).  

It is worse when laying because there is no gravity helping the sinuses to drain.