Aa
A
A
Close
sinus infection and swollen gum
Now: I've been experience throbbing pain around upper right teeth, my cheek, front and back of my head, and I have swollen painful gum around my right side of my face, and I right shoulder is aching. And I think lymph nose under my chin is swollen. The right side of my face, neck, around ear and back of my head hurt if I push those areas. But I do not have a runny or stuffy nose. I do know that there is a little drainage going down the back of my throat, but it is really a little amount.

I am again on augmentin, but has anyone had a same problem? I'm trying to do everything I can to treat it including sinus rinsing, but I do not even know if that is helping.

past:
I was diagnosed with sinus infection about 3 weeks ago.  I took augmentin 875mg/twice a day for 7 days. The symptom went away after taking the med, and it just came back again after 7 days.

Please help....!

Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1337001 tn?1276887441
Hi,

I feel you should get an ENT consultation done, your doctor might advise for CT scan to see whether there is any sinusitis causing you these problems, meanwhile try taking steam inhalations, analgesics and mucolytics.

Regards
OHNS2010
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you. I've tried inhalations, and it seems to work. Since I do not have a stuffy nose or runny nose, it is hard to what works. I am getting an ENT consultation done next week. Thanks for your suggestions.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources