sinus pain drainage.... yuck
I have been having drainage going down the back of my throat for quite some time (3 months or so).  It is a real thick mucus and I sometimes have trouble with it getting stuck in my throat (b/c it is extremely thick).  Which this causes sort of a gagging feeling so I have to kind of work at clearing it out. It is so gross, it seems like i'm swallowing clumps of it (sorry it sounds gross).  The mucus is when its thick is a dark yellowish color with a unexplainable odor. I have also been having stomach discomfort (whch may or may not be linked to this), bad taste in back of my mouth and trouble swallowing. I have always had sinus pressure headaches.  Have been treated for sinus infections in the past. But normally I can blow my nose and it comes out that way but it does not this time, it just goes down the back of my throat.

I work in an old house which was remodeled and recently we have had issues with mold due to the high humidity in the home. We have corrected the issue with the air conditioner to control the humidity levels about a month and  half ago, and have had very little problems with mold since. I have been working at this home for about a year and we had these a/c / mold issues recently (past 4 months).  I have thought this was the cause of my sinus issues. I went to the doctor and he gave me some medicine called LoDrain. But he didn't seem to see signs of sinus infection. Anyone know of this med?
Mold and other allergens can cause inflammation without infection, and this can be helped by sinus saline rinses followed by nasal steroids
are these available only by prescription? or is there an over the counter remedy that I could use that would be effective? Thanks for your response.
sinus saline rinses are available over the counter

nasal steroids are prescription only and include rhinocort, nasonex, flonase, beconase and others.

both are important