sinus's stop up when i lay down
When i lay down my sinuses completely stop up.  It comes and goes.  But i could say it happens mostly around temperature changes.  I have never had this problem till the last year or so.  I can feel the pressure on my sinuses.  No pain.  I can breathe through my nose regularly while i'm up. When i lay propped up I still breathe fine.  When i am in my bed.  Can't breathe at all.  I wake up with a dry sore tongue and dry sore throat.  This has been happening more recently and it is starting to worry me.  Can neone tell me what is going on?
It sounds to me like you may some inferior turbinate congestion.  A doctor could prescribe a steroid nasal spray for this.  If this fails, there are surgical treatments for this (of course the diagnosis would need to be made in person).
Ive been experiencing this to..a very weird feeling of cant get enough Oxygen..i have days when its pretty bad and then days when i,m ok.I had a CT scan and i have Sphenoid sinus disease in both.I have a ENT app this coming friday..been on 4 lots of Antibiotics..so i,m thinking surgery at this point..Its an aweful feeling and kinda hard to describe. It may also have something to do with the Turbinates in your nose..they warm and filter the air.I sometimes have a feeling of breathing really cold air which in turn hurts my lungs.All to do with the sinus i,m assuming. I do at this point know i'll get through these feelings of not enough air and wont stop breathing..doesnt make it any better to bear but ive stopped panicking. saw a wonderful Doc who showed me my CT scan and told me all about it step by step...he really took his time..its great when you find a Doc that actually cares. Wish he was the ENT Doc but he was the one who ordered the CT scan and the ENT consult. He is an ER Doc..yea been to the ER cos i got scared and this lovely man has been a godsend.
I have "attacks" of simutaneous sneezing and coughing. This is usually followed by eyes watering, nose either running or gets very stuffy, scratchy throat and headache in frontal sinuses and right above the eyes. Then it will go completely away for a while. It comes and goes. When I lay down, especially on my left side, it will kick in again. Benadryl helps for a half hour or so, but doesn't last and I'm right back to square one. Most allergy medicines do not help, especially the 24-hour ones.