Ear, Nose & Throat Community
small growth on nasal septum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

small growth on nasal septum

I have been feeling like something is in my left nostril. At first I thought it was just nose secretions but after a while I decided to check with a finger cause blowing just wasn't working. Well I felt a small bump. Today, I had a look in the miror. I had to pull on my nose and saw the small light pink (narly white) bump. I gently scraped it to see if it would come off. Some of it came off like it was a scab but there is still some. Now my nose is dry and feels weird from exposing and scraping the thing. What could it be. I've look on line but nothing looks like it. I think I may have a tiny version of it on the right side but it's hard to tell.
It kinda looks like this picture

http://www.meduweb.com/showthread.php?t=3466

but the symptoms are nothing alike. I don't have nose bleeds and when I scrapped the thing off it just came off like old dry skin.
Just three days ago, I had the same thing really, a couple small 'growths' or maybe accumulations?  I actually did the same as it felt like mucus that just would 'blow' out. Took a look and saw the yellowish white bumps and decided to get tweezers and scrape lightly and they just kinda pulled off and left it kinda dry and scrape feeling after a bit.  Remember the feeling somewhat when I was younger, about 13-15yrs old, but never bothered to look/examine.  Either way, from what I am experiencing over the past couple days since, I think they were merely accumulations, or as my friend whom is a doctor says (because of the description and action I took) it was probably like a blister which was in the beginning stage of a sort of infection kind of like a pimple.  He said generally people come in and that's essentially what he will do is 'scrape' away the majority mass, then use an anti-biotic/anti-fungal cream (mixed in a small cup or hand) and cover the entirety of the nostrils. (even if the other nostril does not show the 'growths') But all in all, Mine is healing up quite nicely and also He told me that taking a lot of meds for anything can cause a side-effect like this.  Hope it helps! Even if it's just knowing someone else out there is dealing with the same thing!  It 99% likely isn't anything of concern just not too common. If you are like me and decide that asking a doc can't hurt and are even just curious, go for it!  PEACE!