Ear, Nose & Throat Community
sneezing in the morning.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

sneezing in the morning.

Every morning when I wake up I start sneezing. I have to clear my sinuses and it stops after about an hour. Recently it started happening when I get ready for bed. When I'm sleeping I have no problems.
If allergies then why doesn't it happen while i'm sleeping?
It could be allergies. If you are sleeping, simply not aware of it. I would vacuum my mattress very well, as well as carpets. Too, consider mold around your windows this time of year. Dust all surfaces.

Wash all your blankets, pillow protectors etc. and see if you find a little relief.

From what I understand, down bedding & pillows are bad for allergy sufferers. Make sure you invest in a good pillow protector.
Avatar n tn
I saw an allergist because of this same thing.  I would sleep fine and as soon as I'd get up in the morning, I'd have sneezing fits and my nose would pour for about an hour.
I had an allergy test done and now use Nasonex.  I never have the sneezing fits or runny nose in the mornings anymore.
I also have this problem, but I have a hard time believing it's just allergies.  This has been happening to me for 22 years, in every place I've ever lived with ever combination of blankets and pillows I've tried.  Within the last few years, it has gotten worse to the point that even when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I sneeze forever.  Then I can't sleep well because I'm stuffed/runny.  Also, if I decide to sleep longer than I had my alarm set for, and reset it, I'll start sneezing at the original wake up time and have to get up anyway.
i am th same way my nose is so stuffy when i wake up i sneeze 25 times my nose runs for 3 hours and before i go to bed its the same way  annoying
I have same problem every morning not just at my home but at any new place.