sore soft palate
i have had this sore soft palate for a week and a half. i went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics but that hasnt helped.  what could be the problem?
my throat is only a bit red as my doctor said.  its annoying because every morninig i wake up fine but once i start swallowing a bit of saliva it starts hurting again.  thats the only symptom i have.
any idea what it could be?  it is hayfever season here in australia...not sure if its hayfever tho...
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could most probably be tonsillitis and a throat infection. Throat pain, difficulty swallowing, fever, scratchiness in the throat, post nasal drip, malaise and loss of appetite are symptoms of tonsillitis. It can be caused by bacteria like streptococcus or it could be a viral infection. Bacterial infections need antibiotics. Have a culture and sensitivity test done to find out the correct antibiotic that the infecting organism is sensitive to and taking this medication for the required amount of days may help to clear the infection.

Consult your primary care physician who will do blood tests and take a throat swab to determine the cause and prescribe appropriate medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.