sore throat + lymph nodes for 4 months
hello everyone,
last July i had a headache with a small fever with some muscle pain that last for about a week or so,
after that ( basically in August 20 ) i started to have a sore throat with swollen lymph nodes on my neck,
since then i have it , hard to swallow , always i feel the lymph node in my neck , my throat is always not OK.

i went to a number of ENT, they don't know what is it . ( i did i Ultrasound , general blood test ) all come back normal but the ultra sound say it was swollen lymph nodes,,

one doctor think it could be HIV, some say tonsillitis , some say strep throat

what to DO .. ? i want a serious answers please ??
i forgot to say that some times i have some little white ulcers in my mouth & my tongue Also that start since August...... :(
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a post nasal drip, which can cause a chronic irritation in the throat. This could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles and take OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Dear Dr.Anitha,
thank you so Much For your Reply & Rich Answer,
i went already to a number of ENT , the last 2 of them say i should remove my tonsils , if i want to get ride of the swollen lymph nodes & the sore throat , then this is the solution,
what i'm worry about is , i have my tonsils for my whole life , why just now it come chronic ( also could it be the reason for the swollen lymph nodes , sore throat & mouth ulcers . for the last 5 months ) i don't think so

what is your opinion Doctor , shall i just go ahead & remove it  , then see the result ?
OR , what shall i do ?

BTW : FYI : i still have the swollen lymph nodes in my Upper neck , below my jaw , also a sore throat ( hard to swallow most of the time ) , add to this the mouth , tongue , inside cheeks Ulcers & pimples :(

sorry for making a big long story
Hello casper and hope you are doing well.

You need to work up step by step. First rule out infectious causes, have blood tests done to rule out HIV and strep throat infection. Also, a throat swab may help. Chronic tonsillar enlargement can be due to the tonsils harboring infection. This is more so as the lymph nodes are also enlarged. If it is causing recurring symptoms, this is an indication for tonsillectomy. But sometimes the enlargement could also be due to lymphoma of the tonsils. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.