Ear, Nose & Throat Community
sores on soft palate - with photo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

sores on soft palate - with photo

9077337?1367480978
starting with one small sore yesterday. i now have alot of small sores on my soft palate, i feel like i have slightly extra mucus coming down my throat from my nose, but nothing huge (possibly just because i'm not clearing my throat as much because of the irritation from the bumps)
in the past i regularly would get toncilitis and this feels nothing like that, the rest of my throat feels ok.
I dont like spicy food and havent eaten anything hot lately I dont think it is related to something i've eaten.
Ive noticed the clear red line surrounding the area and not sure if this is spacific to any perticular type of infection. any advice would be great.
Im in good health, not on any medication and within normal healthy weight range. only thing i can note is that i am extremely tired at the moment. i have been living on minimal sleep for the last 3 years with two littlies so being tired may or may not be a sign...
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ulcers could be canker sores. It is very painful and can occur due to stress, vitamin deficiencies or trauma. Apply chlorhexidine  gel or any other oral antiseptic gel you can find twice daily on your mouth ulcers and leave it on for 2 mins and then do warm salt water gargles. Drink or eat half hour after application. Take OTC multivitamins rich in riboflavin to counter the mouth ulcers. If it still persists consult your dentist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thanks for your feedback, i did go to the doctor on friday and he tells me i have the coxsackie virus! basically hand foor and mouth! i was a bit sceptical, he offered to do a strep throat test but he didnt think it was strep throat as my throat is fine, so we didnt do the test.
However over the last 3 days i have developed red areas on the inside of my lips and also above my upper teeth, not red around my teeth but further up. its also quite inflamed. i still have the sores at the back of my throat but my toncit area is now also red. im worried of gingervitis (sorry abou that spelling!) however its not red around my teeth and as you can see in the photo i have great teeth with minimal damage (first filling recently at 25) im getting a bit nervice this could be something more. i just have had some strange things the last two months. i had a very infected lymph node, which took a full course of antibiotics to get it to go down on day 7 of antibiotics. i also have been struggling with a itchy scalp almost like psyryasis, a month ago i had severe pains in my left side of my stomach which passed after 4 days without any sign of a gastro infection. and (men close your ears) i got my period two weeks ago quite heavy which has never happened to me. and now ive got more spotting today which is way to early in my cycle and ive never had irregular periods. And severe head aches today. Im hoping this isnt all connected. or possibly im stressed/immunity deficency? anyone? or my mother tells me i'm just worrying for nothing!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
Treatment for coxsackievirus infection is usually symptomatic and symptoms should resolve in about 10 days. Another condition which can cause mouth ulcers and skin lesions (scalp) could be pemphigus. Pemphigus is a disease that causes blisters on the skin and sores on mucus membranes of the body. So, if the ulcers don't heal I suggest you consult a skin specialist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.