Ear, Nose & Throat Community
sorethroat/red eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

sorethroat/red eye

I have had for the past 5 days a sore throat that hurts when I swallow. It is red in the back and my tonsils dont look inflammed and there are no white patches. I also have other symptoms that are associated with the common cold i.e stuffy nose, cough.

2 days ago, my left eye was red, and I woke up with a lot of yellow crust on it.

Yesterday, both eyes were red, and have remained so today.  I woke up with less crust on the eyes.  There is is no eye leakage throughout the day..only in the mornings.

If it is pink eye, do you suspect it to be viral or bacterial..considering the cold symptoms I have?

I have been taking tylenol cold pills 3 times daily for the past 5 days.

Thanks for your help!
It could really be either. You should see a dr because the sooner you get treated, the better off you'll be and you won't spread it to others. Best of luck to you.