Ear, Nose & Throat Community
still sick after taking antibiotics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

still sick after taking antibiotics

i started the z-pac (after being sick for 3 weeks) 6 days ago. i finished it as prescribed, it was a 5 day pac. wednesday morning, the first day after completed the z-pac, i was running a fever and still coughing and runny nose, and then throwing up. i hurt all over, like a have the flu. it is day 2 after finishing, and i am still achy and coughing and runny nose. i had to call off work yesterday because of how awful i  felt. what can i do? is this normal? i don't normally take antibiotics so i have no idea how they work. thank you....i am at the end of my rope. the doctor who prescribed it couldn't even tell me what was wrong with me, only said my lungs were squeaking.
Might be a virus. Antibiotics won't help a virus.
well i went to the emergency room last night because i was having trouble breathing and couldn't get my fever to go down. found out i have pneumonia. yippee for me.