Ear, Nose & Throat Community
stink from nose.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

stink from nose.

My first recollection of it was when people started saying it was stink.  People around me were saying it stunk and at first I thought it was my breath.  A week later, it still was going on so I tried to solve it by using mouthwash.  The problem is that I used an excessive amount of mouthwash only to find out later it makes the smell worse.  Now, not only people two to three feet away can smell it, now the smell exponentially multiplied and I stink up the whole room which is embarrassing.  People far away is coughing and touching their nose.  At first I could kind of smell it myself but not anymore.  Everywhere I go, I hear people commenting it smells like ****, someone stinks, smells like something burning etc.  I hear it everyday even at school, students saying it and adults.  The students didn't surprise me but when I hear adults say it, It brings me down even more.  I didn't realize how rude and inconsiderate people can be.  My life is now ruined.  I turned into a hermit and I will have to find a job soon which is going to be hell for me.  My parents thinks it's a joke and they are somehow immune to the bad smell.
Please give me some advise about it..
I am very disappointed.  
oh my! your feelings must be terribly hurt! have you been to a dr? could it be a sinus infection? it's not a joke and people can be cruel. go to a dr and find out what's wrong. good luck!
Your problem is not unusual on this forum, in fact there are hundreds of posts.  Many of the people with the problem have sinus infections, and find a cure, but there are many more who have been to many doctors, with no sign of infection, and it is still a mystery.

Read Section 17-- Revolting Sinus Odor-- of my journal to see some of the causes determined by other posters on this forum.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub with the shower running.

However, it is best to start with a visit to an ENT to see if there is a physical problem with your sinuses.
Here's another, more useful thread:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Allergy/Weird-Smell-in-my-Nasal-passage-will-not-go-away/show/1080376

Check out the post by Cassianna, it is more informative than my journal for this problem.