Ear, Nose & Throat Community
strep throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

strep throat

I'm pretty sure i have strep throat but cant afford to go to the dr. Anyway it will go away on its own
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Symptoms of strep throat include throat pain, difficulty swallowing, red and swollen tonsils, swollen/tender lymph glands in the neck, fever, and fatigue.  However, these set of symptoms may also be observed in a viral infection or some other kind of illness. To confirm if this is due to streptococcus bacteria, throat swab or culture and direct physical examination may be done. If this is due to a viral infection, it usually resolves after a few days. Rest, saline gargle and medicated lozenges usually provide symptomatic relief. If it persists, further management may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
My tonsils were really swollen w/white patches on them. I could barely swallow. I was running a fever. I also had an ear ache in my left ear. I ended up going to the health food store and getting silver colloidal.  It seems to be working I am feeling better and the swelling has gone down and the white patches are almost gone. My ears still feel a little plugged. I am not 100% better but getting there. I am still rinsing w/salt water and peroxide. Thank You for the info.