sudden tinnitus
hi, im 18 and about 10 days ago i was laying in bed and became aware of a mild ringing in my left ear. it really worried me to start, i kept myuself real occupied and it kind of slipped my mind. a few days later i became aware of it again and it still bothered me. anyway i was sitting in my friends a couple of days ago and the ringing seemed to be in my head and a lot more noticeable, high pitched and constant, like the sound of the tv before you tune it in. ever since then its been the same, and i cant ignore it although it doesnt affect my sleeping. i went to the doc and he said its unusual of someone of my age to develop tinnitus,(i mentioned drugs i had taken prior to the ringing and he explained it was unlikely these had brought it on) and said it would probably clear within a fortnight. has anyone experienced this before? did it go eventually? i only ask hoping for reasurance as this is a really unusual feeling.

thanks
yup a lot of us with it mine is low sounding , I put mine down to environmental allergies  from the spraying they are doing .
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Perception of abnormal ear or head noises is termed as TINNITUS. Persistent tinnitus usually indicates the presence of sensory hearing loss. Intermittent periods of mild, high-pitched tinnitus lasting for several minutes are common in normal hearing persons. Since your problem has been of a recent origin, it may be a temporary phenomenon. However, if it persists consult your doctor to rule out hearing loss.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.