Ear, Nose & Throat Community
swallowed small chicken bone
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

swallowed small chicken bone

Hi,

I just swallowed a small piece/part of a chicken bone during dinner.  Before I realized it, it was already halfway down my throat to stop.  I dont feel any sharpness but feel uneasy as I think its stuck not in my throat, but up the upper back part of the throat.  What should I do?

I can still breathe, and swallow but I when I swallow my saliver it feels like not the same anymore.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
686059_tn?1293837427
Very important that you have it removed. If sharp can puncture, causing damange and bleeding, especially if you swallow and it goes down to your stomach.

This is one of the reasons that vet warn pet owners not to give their pets chicken bone. It can literally kill them, so don't assume anything. Go immediately to the emergency room or doctor is possible and have it removed, before it does real damage.
Blank
391686_tn?1225171608
Hi
Blank
391686_tn?1225171608
Hi
Blank
391686_tn?1225171608
hi,

I finally got to see a doctor/gp and they looked at my throat with a pop stick and said they couldnt see anything.  They instructed me to get x-rays done on my throat the next day, and said its likely it is a graze only.  I had the x-ray done and no bones could be seen, only human bones were found.  So since I read the x-ray results and nothing was found, I left it at that.  I now have an ulser at the back of my throat.
Blank
686059_tn?1293837427
I hope your physicial gave you some type of antibiotic to heal the puncture caused the sharp bone. Chicken bones can be very dangerous, because of the sharp edges that can really do harm it goes down and even puncture your stomach, so you were very lucky this time. Glad to hear all is well...Judy
Blank
391686_tn?1225171608
hi,

doctor did not give me any antibiotics, he was going to but then since i didnt feel any pain he should not prescribe me with any...
Blank
I swallowed a small piece of chicken bone and feels like it is imbeded in my throat.  I tried everything to get it to move but nothing happens II tried sticking something down my throat and moving it and also tried swallowing some olive oil.  Nothing works.  What should I do?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...