swollen, full soft palate
For around 3 weeks now, I have felt like my soft palate is stuffed with gross thick mucus. i am in pain all the time. my head hurts and my neck is achey. there is seemingly no relief, neti pot doesnt help (and suddenly makes me feel like I am drowning), spicey food makes my nose run but doesnt touch the full palate feeling. things like excedrin sinus pain only help temporarily. i have googled and searched and i cant find a real answer (like, i have all these symptoms and the dr. said it was). i am uninsured right now, so i cant go to the dr. to get this checked.
please help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If you do have a chronic sinus infection, typical antibiotic treatment is for 4-6 weeks.  A nasal steroid spray is also beneficial as well as oral steroids.  Nasal saline irrigations over the counter like NeilMed or Neti pot are very effective, but worsen Eustachian tube dysfunction (water in the ears or feeling of fullness in the ears).  The best diagnosis for this problem is a CT of the sinuses.  Surgery is recommended to patients that fail maximal medical treatment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.