Ear, Nose & Throat Community
swollen soft palate in the mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

swollen soft palate in the mouth

i have a swollen soft palate for almost 5 months now, first it is itchy then i noticed there is a lump in it, a white lump in the roof of my mouth and later found out it is in the soft palate IT IS NOT PAINFUL., i have been to 3 ENT doctors, the 1st ENT told me it is only allergy and give me anti-allergy, since it did not disappear i went to another Head and NEck surgeon, she told me it a mouth sores (aphtous ulcer) give me an anti-inflammatory medicine but did not go, I went back to her and asked her why it is still not gone, she answered i have nothing to worry this is not serious and if this bothers me she had to burn this(i dont know whats the term) Then I went again to another ENT, he told me it is only mouth sores and give me a CARBENOXOLONE Sodium but it is not gone. now almost 2 months i was not able to go to doctor because i dont have money to pay. and this lumps keeps bothering me.
i am 26yrs old female, never smoke and drink but i have some dental problem.
i also have GERD, mitral valve prolapse and anxiety disorder.
PLEASE, DO I HAVE TO WORRY?
IT GIVES ME SLEEPLESS NIGHTS NOW....
ANYONE HAS THE SAME SITUATION LIKE ME?