swollen tonsils, and dry stuffy nose
Hello, my daughter ( 3 years old)has been suffering of a clogged nose since 2 months now..she can not breathe through the nose and snores at night , we do the nasal cleaning , now her tonsils are swollen ..she seems to be ok during the day but at night she does not get much rest , she has been to the dr. 3 times and in one month will see a specialist orl ...she got x raid and the sinuses seemed a bit swollen , so the dr. prescribed antibiotics for 10 days..she is still suffering .. she had nasonex (cortisone based nasal spray) for two weeks.then stopped for 10 days and now the dr.tells me to continue for a month. I am going mad with all of this and i have to wait a month to see the specialist..wow  help
My 3 year old nephew is in exactly the same boat. His tonsils are swollen to the point where they look abnormal (round lumps almost) and he snores unbelievably loud.  
   He`s had a course of antibiotics which did no good but the doctor seemed pretty unconcerned, saying its an infection and says just to monitor him and keep an eye on him.
What he did say is that at 3 years old  it`s virtually always non serious. Try to relax, it`ll come good.
Thanks for writing , I am glad I'm not alone, I think I will see a Naturopath.
I will let you know what happens , for now I will omit  dairy from her diet for a couple of weeks. Allergies??